Have you spent twelve months living in the UK in the past eight years or do you visit there fairly frequently?
We are really excited to pass on to you this fantastic home based job opportunity, working with one of the leading global search engine firms. We are sure that a few in the group would be great at this role, Good Luck!
ZeroChaos, Inc. is recruiting part-time, temporary candidates with in-depth knowledge of UK culture to help with Quality Evaluation for websites for their client, a leading search engine company.
They are looking for average internet users to help improve the accuracy/relevancy of the ads that are placed with search results and on websites. All work is performed from home, on your computer. You must live in the US to be eligible.
The assignment is 12 months maximum but can be ended sooner by ZeroChaos or the employee. The pay rate is $15 per hour. This is a part-time telecommuting position. You will work between 10-30 hours per week on a self-directed schedule. You may work at any time of the day and it can vary from week to week as long as you work at least 10 hours and no more than 30.
- Average internet users
- Must have valid US work authorization. All work must be performed in the US.
- Extensive experience (as a user/consumer) of the internet and print culture of the UK.
- Familiarity with the colloquialisms, slang, pop culture and other subtleties specific to UK culture. Detect when advertising language sounds funny, awkward, or unnatural, even if grammatically correct.
- A high-speed, secure, private internet connection.
As an Ads Quality Rater, you will be responsible for reporting and tracking the visual quality and content accuracy of web advertisements. Ads Quality Raters are provided with training and access to an online tool. They examine advertising-related data of different kinds and provide feedback and analysis. Projects worked on may involve examining and analyzing text, web pages, images, and other kinds of information. Please note that up to 5% of the work could include adult content which includes text or graphics that are considered sexual or violent. You cannot opt out of those tasks but you can choose when you want to work on them.
To apply, please follow these instructions closely:
Send an email to email@example.com with subject line “UK Ads Quality Rater“
In the body of the email please copy these application questions and provide your answers:
- What language are you applying for? (Please specify UK English)
- In the past EIGHT years, have you spent at least a year total living in the UK?
- In the past FOUR years how many times have you visited the UK?
- In what ways do you keep up to date with UK culture?
- Do you currently hold a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent in another country) or higher?
- Do you currently reside in the US and do you have legal authorization to work in the US?
- Where did you hear about this position? (specify Big Apple Brits)
Please paste the text of your resume into the body of the email, following your answers to the application questions. Be sure that we know your name and city/state.
The World Cup is less than one month away, are you ready to back your boys?
Proudly wear the Red and White and support the 3 Lions, Upper 90 Your local NYC Soccer store has all of your 2014 World Cup needs covered.
Use your exclusive 10% Big Apple Brits coupon code “BBB14” to redeem your discount online or show this email in any of our locations for our extensive line of England World Cup apparel and merchandise.
Shop here http://ow.ly/wQfgR or visit any of our 3 locations.
Water People Theater Company is proudly presenting the world premiere of ”Scenes of a Sexual Nature”, a stage adaptation of the British film with the same tittle, which was full of stars such as Ewan McGregor (Transpoiting), Tom Hardy (Inception), Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead), Eileen Atkins (Cold Mountain), Gina McKee (Notting Hill), Hugh Bonneville (Downton Abbey), Mark Strong (Zero Dark Thirty) Sophie Okonedo (Hotel Rwanda) and Catherine Tate.
The script of the film was written by Aschlin Ditta, head writer of the “Catherine Tate Show”, the stage adaptation was in the hands of Award Winner Director Leonard Zelig who is producing the play here in New York City at Teatro SEA, an amazing three-year-old venue in the Lower East Side.
Scenes are interwoven stories of couples in Hampstead Heath Park in north London. Seven loosely related tales behave like a sexual encounter – moving forward and backward; connecting smoothly, painfully, and curiously; heating up then heating up more. Sex and love sometimes are the same and sometimes have nothing to do with each other.
Scenes explores divorce, homosexuality, the longevity of love, children, infidelity, and prostitution … all in one afternoon.
Scenes shares what makes these couples tick and in turn what makes us all tick.
Scenes is already in development for a more commercial run. The Water People Theater Company is thrilled to premiere this new work.
Scenes features Beatriz Castillo, Joe Dimuzio, Eddie Dunn, Natalie Frost, Olivia Gjurich, William D. McAndrews, Greg McGoon, Jason Linforth, Joan D Saunders and Amy Scanlon.
We are happy to invite you to come and spread the word, you won’t regret it!
Tickets are $25, but there are special offers for groups of 50+ people.
The funniest way to purchase tickets is through the crowdfunding campaign. Amazing perks including wine bottles, stickers and posters are waiting for you!
Go to this link and check them out: http://igg.me/at/sexscenes
Also, you can get them through Ovation Tickets website: https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pr/932406
Thu-Sat 8:00 pm & Sun 6:00 pm
Teatro SEA 107 Suffolk St. NY 10002
Near the Williamsburg Bridge (between Delancey Street and Rivington Street).
Please like it on Facebook: “Scenes of a Sexual Nature-The Play”, for sexy updates and viral happiness! http://www.facebook.com/wptcny
By Ruth Margolis | Posted on January 28th, 2014
These rival cities are immeasurably fabulous. But they could both stand to make some changes, based on how the other operates. Here’s what London can do to make itself more like NYC—in a good way.
1. Restaurants should deliver food quickly
Order an early dinner from any London eatery, and you could still be gnawing your fists off at midnight. Each of the seven times you’ve called to track their progress, you’ve been told the driver is merely five minutes away. Of course, he’s not. Turns out he went via Scarborough, so now your chicken korma has hypothermia. In New York, where the people delivering your food rely on tips for wages, this almost never happens.
2. Larger measures and pubs that are open later
Once you’ve ordered a whiskey in New York (it will be BIG, whether or not you asked for it that way), there’s no going back to the thin, obscenely priced line of amber liquid you get in any London drinking establishment. Then, despite U.K. licensing laws easing up in recent years, most pubs will call last orders at 11:30 and you’ll have to search for somewhere open late. There’s absolutely no turfing punters out before their bedtime here in NYC where bars can legally stay open until 4 am.
One of New York’s most prominent Real Estate boutiques,Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. is looking for a receptionist…
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has become one of New York’s most prominent real estate law firms by seeking and retaining outstanding professional and support staff.
By practicing only real estate law and only taking on projects and cases where we believe we are among the very best in the field, Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has achieved groundbreaking results in the courtroom, in the board room, at the closing table, in the lobbies of legislative bodies, and in every other venue where talented legal advocacy is key to its clients’ interests.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for greeting clients and other visitors to the Firm in a professional, efficient and courteous manner; answers phone calls and directs calls to the correct party or department. Responds to a variety of general inquiries. Work hours: generally 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. M-F.
- As the “Face of the Firm,” provides customer service, greets and escorts visitors to appropriate conference rooms and offices. When appropriate, offers visitors hot and cold beverages.
- Facilitates and confirms reservation requests for conference rooms.
- Sorts daily mail, hand delivers overnight packages and messenger packages to named department/persons.
- On occasion takes lunch orders for the firm.
- Acts as a concierge in handling local directions, dining recommendations and general requests for assistance.
- Maintains appearance of the reception area and conference rooms.
- Assists with special marketing projects, as needed. Proficiency in Adobe In Design, Photoshop and WordPress would be beneficial but not essential.
- Informs correct party when visitors have arrived.
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. is Dedicated to Becoming the Best Firm in New York http://www.alblawfirm.com/index.cfm?pageid=39 We were voted one of the Top Places to Work in New York by Crain’s Magazine http://www.crainsnewyork.com/gallery/20121202/FEATURES/120209870/26 Read our Employee Testimonials http://www.alblawfirm.com/index.cfm?pageid=76
Our lawyers are some of the best in the country, AV-rated by Martindale and recognized by Chambers and Super Lawyer Magazine.
We therefore will only consider stellar candidates for this role.
Adam Leitman Bailey, PC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.