Do you have an eye for spotting awkward language in web ads or ads that are poorly matched with your internet search results?
Have you spent twelve months living in the UK in the past eight years or do you visit there fairly frequently?
ZeroChaos, Inc. is recruiting part-time, temporary candidates with in-depth knowledge of UK culture to help with Quality Evaluation for websites for their client, a leading search engine company.
They are looking for average internet users to help improve the accuracy/relevancy of the ads that are placed with search results and on websites. All work is performed from home, on your computer. You must live in the US to be eligible.
The assignment is 12 months maximum but can be ended sooner by ZeroChaos or the employee. The pay rate is $15 per hour. This is a part-time telecommuting position. You will work between 10-29 hours per week on a self-directed schedule. You may work at any time of the day and it can vary from week to week as long as you work at least 10 hours and no more than 29.
- Average internet users
- Must have valid US work authorization. All work must be performed in the US.
- Extensive experience (as a user/consumer) of the internet and print culture of the UK.
- Familiarity with the colloquialisms, slang, pop culture and other subtleties specific to UK culture. Detect when advertising language sounds funny, awkward, or unnatural, even if grammatically correct.
- A high-speed, secure, private internet connection.
As an Ads Quality Rater, you will be responsible for reporting and tracking the visual quality and content accuracy of web advertisements. Ads Quality Raters are provided with training and access to an online tool. They examine advertising-related data of different kinds and provide feedback and analysis. Projects worked on may involve examining and analyzing text, web pages, images, and other kinds of information. Please note that up to 5% of the work could include adult content which includes text or graphics that are considered sexual or violent. You cannot opt out of those tasks but you can choose when you want to work on them.
To apply, please follow these instructions closely:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Ads Quality Rater- UK English“
In the body of the email please copy these application questions and provide your answers:
- What language are you applying for? (Please specify UK English)
- In the past EIGHT years, have you spent at least a year total living in the UK?
- In the past FOUR years how many times have you visited the UK?
- In what ways do you keep up to date with UK culture?
- Do you currently hold a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent in another country) or higher?
- Do you currently reside in the US and do you have legal authorization to work in the US?
- Where did you hear about this position? (specify Big Apple Brits)
Please paste the text of your resume into the body of the email, following your answers to the application questions. Be sure that we know your name and city/state.
For a chance to win a pair of tickets (we have 3 pairs to give away) Complete this entry
The passes are for a special broadcast of Billy Elliot the Musical, previously captured live from the Victoria Palace Theatre in London’s West End. Fathom Events invites you to join fans nationwide as Billy Elliot the Musical Live makes the leap from the stage to the big screen in a special three day only event on November 12, 15, and 18.
Tickets are also available for purchase here: http://www.fathomevents.com/event/billy-elliot-the-musical
Education UK and the British Council will be hosting and attending events in the New York City area October 1-5, accompanied by 16 leading British Universities!
They will be hosting two Education UK Mini Fairs, which will include a mini-college fair and panel discussion. Students, parents, and counsellors alike will have the opportunity to learn about the UK’s application system (UCAS), academic culture, as well as student life and employability of a UK degree.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to network with the British Institutions. They will also be attending the Long Island National College Fair. Students and parents are encouraged to attend the fair for the opportunity to meet University representatives one-on-one to discuss admission and financial aid opportunities.
- Education UK Mini Fair: Westchester; Rye Country Day School; 6:00pm – 8:00pm; Wednesday, 1 October
- Education UK Mini Fair: Manhattan; Lycee Francais de New York; 6:00pm – 8:00pm; Thursday, 2 October
- National College Fair: Long Island; 11:00am – 3:00pm; Sunday, 5 October
For more information on each of these events, as well as how to register, please visit: www.educationuk.org/usa/articles/students Looking forward to seeing you there!
BAB has FREE tickets to the screening of “The Guest”. Pop over to http://www.gofobo.com/ and ENTER CODE: BRITS4DTP
THE GUEST will be screening on Monday 9/15 – AMC Empire 25 – 7:00pm.
Once you have your pass printed, please get there early to join the line as it is first come, first in!
From the director of YOU’RE NEXT and featuring a standout, badass performance from Dan Stevens (“Downton Abbey”)
From the director of YOU’RE NEXT and featuring a standout, badass performance from Dan Stevens (“Downton Abbey”), comes THE GUEST: a tense, action-packed and unpredictable film like everything and nothing you’ve ever seen before. Empire Magazine called it “a demented action-horror hybrid of sci-fi conspiracy thriller and gore-fest”, and Vanity Fair said, “THE GUEST is big, it’s bold, it’s badass, full of flavor Hollywood wishes it could pour over its vanilla blockbusters.”
A soldier (Dan Stevens) introduces himself to the Peterson family, claiming to be a friend of their son who died in action. After the young man is welcomed into their home, a series of accidental deaths seem to be connected to his presence
Check out the trailer:
THE GUEST VISITS THEATRES ON WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 17th.