Average internet users
Must have valid US work authorization. All work must be performed in the US.
Extensive experience (as a user/consumer) of the internet and print culture of the UK.
Familiarity with the colloquialisms, slang, pop culture and other subtleties specific to UK culture. Detect when advertising language sounds funny, awkward, or unnatural, even if grammatically correct.
A high-speed, secure, private internet connection.
What language are you applying for? (Please specify UK English)
In the past EIGHT years, have you spent at least a year total living in the UK?
In the past FOUR years how many times have you visited the UK?
In what ways do you keep up to date with UK culture?
Do you currently hold a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent in another country) or higher?
Do you currently reside in the US and do you have legal authorization to work in the US?
Where did you hear about this position? (specify Big Apple Brits)
We are one of the world’s fastest growing diamond and jewelry companies based on 5th Avenue in Midtown, New York City. We are a small, dynamic company revolutionizing the diamond industry. Our goal is to recruit a professional, enthusiastic Inside Salesperson to join our hugely successful and expanding online purchasing team. You will be responsible for purchasing in the UK market. Our website: www.wpdiamonds.com
- Inbound/Outbound calls to mostly Hot and Warm leads
- Migrate our customers from the point being a lead right through to becoming a sale. You will need to inform, educate, and reassure the customer through the process.
- Closing perspective purchases
- Utilize a sales CRM system to manage day-to-day activities
- Chasing customers at various life stages to move to the next step in the process
- Update management of such activity through system generated activity reports.
- Compile diamond valuations and present these to customers (training given)
- Handle objections with customers and turn them into potential sales.
- Handling customer declines, turning them into potential sales or referrers.
- Setup appointment for our customers in London and Birmingham and occasionally face to face appointments with customers at our NYC office and close deals to buy items within the meetings
- Meet or exceed management defined activity and revenue goals.
- Other duties including reporting as assigned by members of management.
- Assess prospect’s needs and react to their sensitivities
- Learn then demonstrate a working knowledge of the diamond industry and diamond pricing and advise customers on diamond valuations (training given).
- Demonstrate focused daily activity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our customer proposition and represent our service in the marketplace.
- Ability to talk to and relate to people of all walks of life. Every customer has a different personality, and you must be able to adapt on the fly to encourage them to sell to us.
- Previous (Inbound and Outbound) telesales experience or other sales experience. 2 years minimum.
- Superior telephone skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Hunger to earn substantial commissions and meet monthly and quarterly targets
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to multitask with time pressure
- Great administrative skills showing real attention to detail
- Speedy computer skills are required
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE – THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
By pursuing a program of uniting many of the best real estate attorneys of our generation, Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has become one of New York’s most prominent real estate law firms. By solely practicing real estate law and only taking on projects and cases where we believe we are among the very best in the field and doing so only in New York, Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has achieved groundbreaking results in the courtroom, in the board room, at the closing table, in the lobbies of legislative bodies, and in every other venue where talented legal advocacy is key to its clients’ interests.
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C seeks a full time receptionist.
· Responsible for greeting clients and other visitors to the firm in a professional, efficient and courteous manner; answers phone calls and directs calls to the correct party or department. Responding to a variety of general inquiries and sorting mail, and received packages. Work hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- As the “Face of the Firm,” provides a first-class customer service greeting visitors and escorting visitors to appropriate conference rooms and offices. When appropriate offering guests hot and cold beverages.
– Facilitates and confirms reservation requests for conference rooms.
– Sorts daily mail, hand delivers overnight packages and messenger packages to named department / persons.
– On occasion takes lunch orders for the firm.
– Acts as a concierge in handling local directions, dining recommendations and general requests for assistance.
– Maintains appearance of the reception area, including replenishing newsletters, pens and legal pads in conferences rooms.
– Assists with special marketing projects, as needed.
– Informs correct party when appointments have arrived.
– Clear speaking voice is essential.
We provide excellent benefits including health insurance, flexible spending accounts for healthcare and commuting costs, free dental cleanings and vision exams, subsidized gym memberships at Equinox, in office manicure or massage every two weeks, tickets to entertainment and sporting events and more. In addition, the person who fills this role will be eligible for frequent bonuses based on accomplishments.
Company: Altios International, Inc.
Candidate Status: Full Time Intern: 40 hours / week
Location: Midtown Manhattan, New York City, USA
Job category: International Business Development
Industries: Various Industries
Dates: February 2015 : 6 months
Stipend: $1,000 gross /month + reimbursement of monthly metrocard
Altios International provides support for foreign companies, from various industries, looking to develop their activities in strategic markets including: The United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, India, Russia, Australia, Singapore, China, and several in Europe.
Altios International has recently taken on a new initiative to expand and focus the services that we provide to British companies exploring business opportunities in the United States. Our US Office, located in Manhattan, is looking for a Project Management Intern to support our efforts to provide quality advice, consulting, and support for these companies.
The Project Management Intern will report to the UK Business Project Manager. S/he will assist the Coordinator at all levels of the consulting process. In particular, the Project Management Intern will:
- Perform US market research and cold calling on behalf of UK companies
- Develop an understanding of the basics of American business for UK-based companies
- Assist in the preparation literature and webinars to better answer FAQ from new exporters
- Manage CRM database and produce periodic reports identifying customer needs and interests
- Undergraduate or Graduate Student, or recent graduate, with demonstrated interest in International Business
- Knowledge of market research methodology
- Strong oral and written communication and customer service skills. Capable of engaging in telephone and e-mail correspondence with strangers in a professional manner
- Native English speaker a plus
- Good computer skills. Word and Excel required, understanding of design and database management is preferred
- An understanding of the difference between American and European business culture
- As this is a new project, we’re looking for a candidate who is willing to keep an open mind, experiment, and learn together with us. The successful candidate will be fearless and entrepreneurial, willing to explore uncharted territory.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
NEW YORK, NY (Dec. 8, 2014) – Dave Gorman will debut his new show Dave Gorman’s Powerpoint Presentation in the U.S. January 20-31, 2015 at NYC’s SubCulture. Always one of comedy’s most innovative thinkers, Gorman has formed a double act with a projector screen for this exclusive limited run. Gorman, the man behind Are You Dave Gorman?, Googlewhack Adventure, America Unchained and Modern Life Is Goodish, last performed in NYC to rave reviews in 2005.
With a distinctive style of storytelling, Dave is one of the most unique, original and exciting comedy minds that the UK has produced. Not only is he one of the biggest contemporary comedians and sharpest raconteurs but he is also a hugely successful author. Dave’s tales of travelling the world in his one man shows, Are You Dave Gorman? (which later became the television series The Dave Gorman Collection) and Dave Gorman’s Googlewhack Adventure have dazzled live audiences and broken box office records across the globe, establishing Dave as one of the hottest live international performers. His achievements include a three month run off Broadway in New York, plus a sell-out season at the US Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, where he won the HBO US Comedy Arts Festival One Man Show Award in both 2001 and 2004.
Dave Gorman’s Powerpoint Presentation will include 12 performances, beginning January 20th. Shows will be performed Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 7:30pm, with two shows on both Fridays and Saturdays at 7pm and 9pm. Tickets for all shows go on sale Friday, December 12 at noon on www.subculturenewyork.com (45 Bleecker St, NY NY, 212.533.5470). For more information, please visit www.davegorman.com
Praise for the Dave Gorman
“As the cliché puts it: what’s in a name? If the name happens to be Dave Gorman, the answer is: one very funny show. Mr. Gorman is the sort of comedian who can – & does – mine laughter from reading a phone book.”
- The New York Times
“Our favourite show of 2001. He heightens an elegantly simple concept to the peak of absurdity, as a drunken boast leads to obsession, betrayal, exhilarating victories, devastating setbacks and maxed-out credit cards…. The smart and genial star keeps his audiences in stitches (and at rapt attention) with a true story that’s as simple and accessible as it is maddeningly addictive. Go now!”
- Time Out, New York
“…Dave Gorman’s latest offering is a much-needed reminder of how a truly gifted performer can delve beyond clever punchlines and make us look afresh at the world. The nearest thing we have to that late, great American raconteur Spalding Gray, he turns monomania into the most compelling and uplifting of confessionals.”
- The Times (UK)